Thursday, April 28, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to my adventure!  My goal for this blog is to help document as well as give a central point of info for anyone that cares about my personal adventures as part of my deployment to Afghanistan.  Hopefully I'll be updating this weekly at a minimum but it depends on connectivity once I get into theater not to mention how much free time or lack thereof I have.  Also this blog was partly inspired by two other blogs (http://civilianexpeditionarydeployment.blogspot.com/ and http://southwindmaninthestan.blogspot.com/) done by other civilians who deployed in support of OEF. 

Currently I only have a few days left till I leave for the final week of training and equipping before I hop on the big bird overseas.  I have a couple more small things to get done at work but overall I think I'm ready to go at least training/medically/random gov't form wise.  Packing for this one should be easy I don't get to take much and most of my clothing is issued (I don't have to think about what to wear for the next ~6 months, I guess that is a plus.)  Right now I'm thinking a few sets of Civilian clothes, my kindle, netbook, psp, and a few random pieces of gear.  I'll probably want to take to much knowing my Boy Scout tendencies of always wanting to be prepared, we'll see.  But still overall a lot less to pack and deal with than the Los Alamos Adventure (aka Winter Vacation MMX-MMXI).

Done for now, hopefully I'll have a more interesting post in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment